17 Sep Conqueror factory grows to meet demand
A recently completed 2,000 square metre Conqueror factory expansion will enable Conqueror to add to its current garage door product offering.
The expanded factory, which has been built from the company’s PIR insulated wall and roofing panel, will enable Conqueror to soon offer the most comprehensive range of garage doors from any one manufacturer in New Zealand.
The addition of the new building increases Conqueror’s Christchurch facilities to in excess of 8,000 square metres of factory space. This new addition is very necessary for Conqueror to be able to continue manufacturing efficiently to the very high standards the company has set for itself.
Conqueror operations manager Royd Stott says this goal was simply not going to be sustainable in the original 6,000 square metre space.
Work began on expanding the West Coast Road building in September 2014, before Conqueror had agreed to purchase High Speed Doors (HSD). There was, of course, always going to be the need for more factory space following that acquisition, Royd explains.
The additional space has now become home to two of the latest world class design, complete manufacturing lines for a whole new range of garage door product. Line 1 is for a superior range of uninsulated sectional doors, and Line 2 for uninsulated residential and commercial, continuous curtain roller doors.
[/vc_column_text][us_testimonial style=”2″ author=”” company=””]“Having the increased space enables us to streamline production systems. We can increase the through-put on commercial products from the HSD range, for example,” Royd says.[/us_testimonial]
The buildings on site are now of a suitable size to showcase Conqueror and HSD products. HSD Christchurch has been relocated to the site and all office functions have been combined.
With the expansion comes new plant, which has required another multi-million dollar investment, which will enable Conqueror to fulfil its goal with garage doors. That goal is to have not just the best quality product but also the most comprehensive insulated and uninsulated product on the market.
The Garage Door product range now available from Conqueror includes:
- Efaflex –This German manufacturer is ranked number one in the world for high speed doors. There are no less than 53 special application door options, at operational speeds up to a staggering four metres per second
- HSD roller shutters, uninsulated in sizes to suit most industrial openings. They feature many optional configurations and are available in both galvanised and powder-coat finishes
- Conqueror 98mm industrial PIR insulated roller shutters, in sizes to suit the majority of applications
- Conqueror PIR insulated industrial sectional doors in a variety of styles to suit specific applications
- Conqueror PIR insulated residential sectional doors, with several architectural options
- Conqueror classic series residential sectional doors in six different styles with pre-paint or powder coat options in a myriad of colours
- Conqueror residential series “A” continuous curtain roller doors, in either a pre-paint or powder-coat finish
- Conqueror Commercial series “ B” continuous curtain roller doors, in a choice of powder-coat or pre-paint finish
- Tilt door fittings, available in both track and Jamb type for new doors or replacement hardware on existing tilt type doors
- Insulated personal access doors to complement the Conqueror insulated wall and roof panel product
- Roller grilles, in a variety of styles, custom built to suit most commercial applications, like shopping malls and specialty stores.